OMRON Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd. and its Related Companies (defined below) within the Asia Pacific region (excluding the East Asia region) (“we” or “OMRON”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in accordance with the applicable personal data privacy laws and regulations.
By indicating your acceptance to the Policy (whether by clicking on an “I Accept” button or any equivalent), accessing any part of any websites owned, managed, or controlled by OMRON (“Website”), accessing any social media sites owned, managed, or controlled by OMRON (“Social Media Sites”), or interacting with OMRON by telephone, fax, email, or in person), you hereby accept and consent to the Policy.
(1) In the Policy, the following definitions have been adopted:
“Personal Data” means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
“Sensitive Data” means data or an opinion (that may also be Personal Data) about an individual’s (a) racial or ethnic origin; (b) political opinions; (c) membership of a political association; (d) religious beliefs or affiliations; (e) philosophical beliefs; (f) membership of a professional or trade association; (g) membership of a trade union; (h) sexual orientation or practices; (i) criminal record; (j) health information about an individual; (k) genetic information about an individual that is not otherwise health information; (l) biometric information that is to be used for the purpose of automated biometric verification or biometric identification; (m) financial or banking information or (n) biometric templates.
“Related Companies” means, with respect to any entity, any other entity, directly or indirectly controlling or controlled by or under direct or common control with such entity. For the purposes of this Policy, an entity controls another entity if that entity possesses, directly or indirectly, the power to direct or cause the direction of the management and policies of the controlled entity, whether through ownership of voting securities, by contract or otherwise.
2. COLLECTION, USE, AND/OR DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA AND/OR SENSITIVE DATA
(1) At all times, you agree that:
(a) The provision of any of your Personal Data and/or Sensitive Data is provided by you, or by a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose any of your Personal Data and/or Sensitive Data, to OMRON, and that such provision is on a voluntary basis.
(b) You, or your authorised representative, have been notified of the purposes for which your Personal Data and/or Sensitive Data is collected, used, and/or disclosed.
(c) You, or your authorised representative, have consented to the collection, use, and/or disclosure of your Personal Data and/or Sensitive Data for such purposes, or that such collection, use, and/or disclosure is permitted or required by the applicable data privacy laws and regulations.
Collection of Personal Data and/or Sensitive Data
(2) OMRON may collect the following data of yours, which could comprise Personal Data and/or Sensitive Data:
(a) Your name, identification information, such as your identification number, contact information, such as your address, email address, telephone number, business contact information, nationality, gender, date of birth, marital status, product use behaviours, photographs, and other audio-visual information, employment information, and financial information such as credit card numbers, debit card numbers, or bank account information.
(b) Details of your visits to the Website and the areas or resources that you access, including date, data and time, pages viewed, response time and interaction with the Website.
(c) Technical information about your device, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type.
(3) OMRON may collect such data by a variety of methods and sources, including but not limited to the following:
(a) OMRON may collect such Personal Data and/or Sensitive Data provided through the Website, the Social Media Sites, or telephone, fax, e-mail, or in person.
(b) This includes Personal Data and/or Sensitive Data provided to OMRON at any time, including but not limited to, the following occasions:
(i) When you make an appointment, make an enquiry, or report a problem or issue to OMRON;
(ii) When you attend at OMRON’s offices and register in the visitor log-book;
(iii) When you participate in conferences, campaigns, seminars, competitions, offers, programs, promotions, that are sponsored, organised, and/or managed by OMRON or its service providers; OMRON;
(iv) When you purchase or subscribe for OMRON’s products or services;
(v) When you post material on the Website, and/or OMRON’s Social Media Sites;
(vi) When you create an account, register a warranty, or make a service-related appointment on or through the Website;
(vii) When you register for OMRON’s trainings or seminars;
(viii) When you register your membership for OMRON’s newsletters; or
(ix) When you interact with OMRON’s customer-facing employees, such as our customer service officers, our marketing and sales representatives and agents.
(4) You are not obliged to provide your Personal Data to OMRON. However, it would not be possible for us to provide our goods and/or services to you, and/or achieve the purposes listed in section 2(5) below, if you do not provide us with a required minimum.
Use of Personal Data and/or Sensitive Data
(5) OMRON may use Personal Data and/or Sensitive Data for any of the following purposes:
(a) To carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including but not limited to notifying you about changes to our service or products, delivering samples, premiums, products and services.
(b) To verify your identity.
(c) To manage your relationship with us.
(d) To respond to, handle, and process your queries, feedback, applications, suggestions, complaints or comments.
(e) To process payment or credit transactions.
(f) To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device, such as by developing, personalizing, and providing advertising and experience tailored to your interest.
(g) To carry out web analytics.
(h) To provide you with marketing, promotional, or advertising information on our products or services, including but not limited to notifying you of our marketing events, initiatives, and promotions, sending promotional messages, newsletters, e-mails, and text messages, and conducting product surveys, and recruiting product testers, allowing you to participate or enroll in interactive features, contest, programs or offers.
(i) To carry out remarketing services, including the use of Google’s ‘Customer Match’ and Facebook’s ‘Custom Audience’ to display ads.
(j) To carry out research, planning and statistical analysis.
(k) To carry out accounting, risk management, compliance and record keeping purposes.
(l) For any other legitimate business purposes.
(m) Any other purposes for which you have provided your Personal Data and/or Sensitive Data.
(n) To ensure compliance with company policies, regulatory obligations and applicable laws and regulations or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority.
Disclosure of Personal Data and/or Sensitive Data
(6) OMRON may disclose your Personal Data and/or Sensitive Data within OMRON (as defined above), or to any of its Related Companies outside of the Asia Pacific region for any of the purposes set out in the Policy.
(7) OMRON may also disclose your Personal Data and/or Sensitive Data to any of the following parties for any of the purposes set out in the Policy:
(a) Our authorised third-party service providers, agents, and other organisations, engaged to perform any of the functions set out under section 2(5) above.
(b) Our authorised third-party service providers, agents, and other organisations, engaged to perform any of the functions related to information technology, financial, legal, operational, and logistics, services including but not limited to, fulfilling product and service requests, and customer services, website or application building or hosting services, data processing, payment services.
(c) Our business partners and associates, including but not limited to our commercial partners, training academies, centers, or any educational institutes or accreditation bodies.
(d) Our external consultants and professional advisers.
(e) Any other parties which OMRON deems necessary for the purposes detailed above.
(8) OMRON may also disclose your Personal Data and/or Sensitive Data to the following third parties in the event of the following:
(a) In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
(b) In the event that OMRON or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
(c) To protect and defend the rights and property of OMRON (including enforcing our Terms and Conditions) and conduct investigations into possible breaches of applicable laws, and to protect against fraud and any technical or security vulnerabilities.
(d) In the event that OMRON is under a duty to disclose or transfer your Personal Data and/or Sensitive Data in order to comply with any legal obligation or meet enforceable requests from the authorities whether within or outside Singapore.
(2) Generally, by clicking “Accept All Cookies” or continuing to use our websites, you consent to the placement of all cookies.
(3) You can adjust your cookie preferences through the settings of your web browser. Please note that this may affect your browsing experience. In respect of https://www.omronhealthcare-ap.com/sg and https://shop.omronhealthcare-ap.com, you will be given the option to enable or disable some or all of the cookies we use. Again, please note that this may affect your browsing experience.
4. SOCIAL MEDIA BUTTONS AND THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
(1) On the Website, buttons are included to promote (“like”) or share (“tweet”) websites on social networks. These buttons function by means of programming code of these social networks. If these buttons are used, third party cookies are stored on your device.
(2) OMRON is not responsible for personal data protection policies, content or protection of your personal data on any third party website linked to the Website. Please read the privacy statements of such websites to understand how they process your personal data.
5. ACTIVATION, DEACTIVATION, AND DELETION OF COOKIES
More information with regard to activation, deactivation and deletion of cookies can be found in the instructions via the help-functionality of your web browser.
6. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA AND/OR SENSITIVE DATA
(1) To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures to secure all storage and transmission of Personal Data and/or Sensitive Data by OMRON, and disclosing Personal Data and/or Sensitive Data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers, agents, and other organisations in the manner set out in the Policy.
(2) You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, OMRON strives to protect the security of your information and are reviewing and enhancing our information security measures on a regular basis.
(3) Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access any parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. If your password is lost or compromised for any reason, you are responsible to change your password.
7. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA AND/OR SENSITIVE DATA OUTSIDE OF COLLECTING COUNTRY / COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE
(1) All the Personal Data and/or Sensitive Data you provide us will be held in a database or servers maintained by OMRON, OMRON’s Related Companies outside of the Asia Pacific region, or OMRON’s authorised third party service providers. These databases or servers may be located in Singapore, Japan, or elsewhere, depending on operational requirements. In respect of Personal Data and/or Sensitive Data which are transferred outside of the collecting jurisdiction, OMRON shall use its commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that your Personal Data and/or Sensitive Data receives a standard of protection comparable to that imposed by applicable laws and regulations on such Personal Data and/or Sensitive Data.
(2) To the extent required under the applicable laws or regulations, your Personal Data and/or Sensitive Data, or a copy, will be held in databases or servers in your country of residence.
8. RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA AND/OR SENSITIVE DATA
(1) OMRON will retain your Personal Data and/or Sensitive Information:
(a) For as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected and/or used; or
(b) For as long as it is reasonably necessary for legal or business reasons,
Provided always that such retention is as required or permitted by the applicable laws and regulations.
9. YOUR OBLIGATIONS AND RIGHTS IN RELATION TO ACCESS, CORRECTION, AND ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA AND/OR SENSITIVE DATA
(1) You are responsible for ensuring all Personal Data and/or Sensitive Data provided to us is accurate, complete and up to date.
(2) If you wish to access, correct and supplement the Personal Data and/or Sensitive Data that OMRON holds about you or if you wish to make any inquiries or complaints in respect of your Personal Data and/or Sensitive Data, or register an objection in connection with your particular personal circumstances, please contact us by using the contact details in the Policy.
(3) Subject to any exceptions under the applicable laws and regulations, OMRON will honor your request or objection, or inform you as to whether and, if so, to what extent it is complying therewith within 21 days or such other time as is reasonable after we receive such request or objection.
(4) OMRON reserves the right to impose a reasonable fee for access of your Personal Data and/or Sensitive Data in the amounts as permitted under the applicable laws and regulations.
(5) To prevent misuse and meet your request or objection we might ask you to adequately identify yourself and/or provide other information that enables us to locate your Personal Data and/or Sensitive Data. If you request access to Personal Data and/or Sensitive Data linked to a cookie, you must send us a copy of the relevant cookie, which can be found via your web browser preferences.
(6) If you wish to withdraw your consent to, or limit, the collection, use and/or disclosure of your Personal Data and/or Sensitive Data, please contact us by using the contact details set out in the Policy. Please note that if you withdraw your consent to, or limit, the collection, use, and/or disclosure of your Personal Data and/or Sensitive Data, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within a reasonable period of receiving it. Please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our products and/or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request.
(7) In relation to any request to withdraw your consent to receive advertising, marketing, or promotional newsletters from OMRON, you may do so by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link which is embedded in the newsletter. Please note that if you unsubscribe, we may still send you service-related emails, such as product purchase receipts.
10. PERSONAL DATA FROM MINORS AND OTHER INDIVIDUALS
(1) OMRON does not knowingly collect Personal Data and/or Sensitive Data from individuals under defined as a minor by the applicable laws and regulations on age (“Minor”). As a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow a Minor under your care to submit his/her Personal Data and/or Sensitive Data to us. In the event that such Personal Data and/or Sensitive Data is provided to us, the Minor’s parent or legal guardian shall accept and consent or be deemed to accept or consent to the Policy.
(2) If you provide Personal Data and/or Sensitive Data relating to other individuals, including but not limited to your spouse, family members, friends, you represent and warrant that you are authorised to provide such individuals’ Personal Data and/or Sensitive Data to OMRON and you have obtained their acceptance and consent to the Policy.
11. CHANGES TO THE POLICY
(1) OMRON may revise the Policy at any time, in its sole and absolute discretion, without any prior notice, and such revised Policy shall be effective as on the date published.
(2) You agree or shall be deemed to agree to be bound by the revised Policy by continuing to access any part of the Website, continuing to access any part of the Social Media Sites, or by interacting with us by telephone, fax, email, or in person.
(3) You may refer to the date on which the Policy was last revised to determine if any revision has taken place.
Questions, complaints, or comments arising out of this Policy or requests to access, correct, or withdraw your personal information should be addressed to:
Designation: The Personal Data Protection Officer
The Personal Data Protection Officer
If you are contacting us from India, please contact the Grievance Officer, the details of which are set out below:
This Policy is written in English and may be translated into other languages. In the event of any conflict between the English version and other translations of this Policy, the English version shall prevail.
Last updated: The Policy was last updated on 1 April 2023.