Omron Corporation (HQ: Shimogyo-Ku, Kyoto. CEO: Yoshihito Yamada) will make a global release of 16models of “Middle-range AC servo system with Built-in EtherCAT communications R88D-1SNx-ECT” and of 184 models of ”Servo Motor R88M-1x” (hereinafter “1S series”) from July 1st, 2016, to further expands the lineup of Sysmac automation platform (hereinafter “Sysmac”).
Omron offers an innovative manufacturing environment to realize the advanced control easily by creating a variety of application functionalities with software and connecting a variety of controller devices. 1S series provides an innovative solution for improving the machine performance and making it easy from design to installation with Automation software “Sysmac Studio” by connecting through machine automation controller “NX/NJ series” and open network “EtherCAT”.
Recently, with growing needs for simultaneously startup of production line globally and enhancement of product quality in the production lines of automotive and food industries, quick startup for high speed and high accurate production machine is required. Faced on global production sites and a variety of works, the importance of safety measures for production equipment is growing. Under this circumstance, in accordance with application requirements for each customer, each of equipment manufacturers is installing servo system which is key factor for machine performance through design of complicated safety measures and wiring tasks.
1S series provides a unique manufacturing environment which realizes the high speed and high accurate control and achieves from design to installation with one software in combination with NX/NJ series and Sysmac Studio, and contributes to an improved machine performance and efficiency of installation.
Improved machine design
- Machine design time is reduced by 50% in in-house comparison with previous model with Automation Software” Sysmac Studio”
High-speed and High accuracy control
- The combination of NX701 and 1S series provide 125us system cycle which is 1/2 in in-house comparison with previous model and industry-leading levels of high speed control.
- The 23 bit high resolution encoder which is 8 times compared with previous model is available and1S series contributes the development for ultra-high accurate process machine.
Simplification of safety system design
- FailSafe over EtherCAT (FSoE) is realized by connecting safety control units “NX series” and 1S series via open network “EtherCAT”. Safety system can be built easily without wiring for emergency stop of each axis for servo.
Optimization in the control panel
- Wiring works are reduced by same height throughout the whole power range and the pin layout based on effective wiring. ・With Battery-free ABS encoder as standard, the mounting of battery is not required and rapid installation of servo system is available.
Omron is working on manufacturing innovation with “Evolution of Control” (integrated), “Intelligent” (intelligent), and “New Harmony between People & Machines” (interactive). Omron is going to work on manufacturing innovation of production site with manufacturers by expanding product lineup for Sysmac and making a world-leading Input-Logic-Output-Robotics + Safety (ILOR+S) technology evolved.
*1. Sysmac automation platform Complete machine control through one software and one seamless connection with a variety of I/O devices. Machine and motion programming is fully compliant with IEC 61131-3, and the dedicated software suite features functions such as programming, motion designing and network setting meaning simplified control of all connected devices and freeing users to engage in further innovation.
*2 Based on OMRON investigation in June 28, 2016.
AC Servo Drives with Built-in EtherCAT communications (1S series)
Sysmac is a trademark or registered trademark of OMRON Corporation in Japan and other countries for OMRON factory automation products. EtherCAT® is registered trademark and patented technology, licensed by Beckhoff Automation GmbH, Germany. Safety over EtherCAT® is registered trademark and patented technology, licensed by Beckhoff Automation GmbH, Germany. Other company names and product names in this document are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.